At Podiatry Professionals we consider your safety our highest priority. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we would like to assure our patients that we are taking every precaution necessary in the clinic and following appropriate advice from authorities.
Our main priority is our patients. Given one of our core values is communication, we feel it is important that we give you as much information as possible about the procedures we adhere to in order to maintain a hygienic environment but more importantly ensure the safety of all patients and staff.
Following the advice of Australian Government authorities, Podiatry Professionals are taking additional precautionary measures to minimise risk of coronavirus. These include:
– Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitization of work, reception areas and equipment.
– Providing additional hand sanitizer.
– Increased seat distancing in waiting room areas.
– Use of protective equipment including gloves and masks for the protection of both patients and staff.
– All staff are required to declare their health and travel status – we ask that patients extend the same courtesy prior to appointment.
Given more and more people are required to either isolate, work from home or are choosing to reduce exposure by staying indoors, we have been working hard on developing Telehealth video consults for some time now and we can now announce they are up and running.
Given our mantra is to ‘progress quality of life’ and we feel we can continue to do that via both in clinic appointments and Telehealth online appointments. Isolating at home presents a number of risk factors which can contribute to foot pain including increased bare foot walking, possible weight gain and likely increases in running (given gyms are closed) and this is the time we need to step up and be more accessible to our patients by providing value and direction.
Through Telehealth we are still able to offer:
- Detailed pain and injury history.
- Accurate diagnosis and education.
- Advice on pain triggers and how to avoid them, conservative treatment options including footwear education and prescription, exercise program prescription, guidance on taping appropriate taping techniques, padding and wedging, orthotic modifications (via post or drop off and pick up), rapid turnaround for prefabricated and semi-custom orthotics required and dermatological assessments.
- Detailed walkthrough videos on all the above for reference and any products required for treatment and pain relief can be express posted.
- This option is available to be booked via online booking or phone on 61621130
If you feel unwell at any time, we respectfully ask that you do not enter our clinics for the safety of everyone. We apologise if this causes any inconvenience, we will be happy to reschedule your appointment if needed, including providing Telehealth Appointments.
We appreciate your understanding and co-operation during this difficult and uncertain time.